Schedule of Availability of Service:
Monday – Wednesday 8:00am – 3:00pm without noon break
Who May Avail of the Service:
What are the Requirements:
A. The various types of representative samples should include;
- Main course with grains and/or noodle dishes, salads and appetizers.
- Snacks, desserts and pastries, beverage, and water.
B. Collected food samples;
- Should weigh not less than 25g
- Use dry ice for frozen samples. If dry ice is not available, prompt delivery is key to not compromising frozen samples or use plain ice but ensure that package of food does not get mixed with melting ice.
- Place the sample with pre-frozen ice packs in an insulated cooler.
- Packaged foods should be taken to the laboratory in original containers.
- The collected food should be transported to the laboratory within 4-6 hours from the time of sampling.
C. Must have the following data:
- Type of foodstuff
- Name of Eating establishmentDate and time of collection
- Collector’s name
- Room and Food Temperature