I. Inspection and clearance of ocean-going vessels & cargoes
- All vessels coming from foreign ports are inspected upon entry
- A vessel cleared in one port is deemed cleared for all other ports in the country except when a communicable disease occur on board
- Quarantine inspection is done only by a Quarantine Medical Officer and his duly accredited assistant/s
Clearances issued after inspection:
1. Free Pratique
2. Provisional Pratique
3. Controlled Free Pratique
4. Radio Pratique
II. Inspection of International Aircraft
- All aircraft from foreign airports are inspected
- Quarantine inspections are done only by Quarantine Medical Officers and his duly accredited assistant/s.
- A General Declaration should be available during quarantine inspection.
- Outgoing Quarantine Clearance is required before departure of the aircraft.
- Embarkation of persons with communicable disease is prohibited except when transported in an aircraft specially used for that purpose.