The Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines would like to inform the public that starting November 2019, the Indonesian Port Health Offices will implement the following measures:
A. FOR ALL TRAVELERS/PASSENGERS FROM THE PHILIPPINES ENTERING AND STAYING IN INDONESIA FOR AT LEAST 4 WEEKS:
- The traveler needs to have immunization from Vaccine-Derived Poliovirus (VDPV) Type 2. As proof of VDPV type 2 immunization, the traveler must present an International Certificate of Vaccination (ICV) or other acceptable document (ex. Medical Certificate, Doctor’s Certificate, etc.)
- If the traveler is unable to present proof of immunization then the Port health office at the port of entry (airport, seaport, or land border crossing) will provide vaccination and ICV for a fee of at least IDR 175,000.00 (approximately USD 13)
- If the traveler refuses vaccination then the port health office will recommend that the traveler be refused entry into Indonesia and deported.
- VACCINATION IS NOT REQUIRED FOR TRAVELERS WHO DO NOT INTEND TO STAY FOR AT LEAST 4 WEEKS IN INDONESIA.
B. FOR ALL TRAVELERS/PASSENGERS FROM INDONESIA GOING TO THE PHILIPPINES WHO DO NOT HAVE ICV OR OTHER PROOF OF VDPV TYPE 2 IMMUNIZATION:
- The port health office in Indonesia will recommend to the traveler to avail of vaccination at the port health office. (Vaccination is not mandatory for departing passengers)
For more information, the concerned travelers are advised to contact their respective airline, service provider or travel agent. Further inquiries may also be directed to the Indonesian Port Health Office at Soekarno Hatta (CGK) International Airport through:
24 hour hotline telephone number: (021)-550-6068
Fax Number: (021)-550-2277
Office Number: (021)-550-7989, 7:30AM – 4:00PM (available from Monday to Friday only)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org